Saturday, December 31, 2016

Weather Forecast: No More Raining Whales & Dragons

2017 is a few hours away. Now is the time to write the last post of the year.
I’m all set to abandon this blog. That’s right; it won’t rain whales and dragons. Not anymore.
Let this be a surprise post while I put my emotions on a last-minute stock clearance sale.
It has been a costly year. The-year-that-must-not-be-named.

I can’t go any further. I will have to finish this here. And while I type this post, the muscles in my body are becoming tensed, making my movement stiff. A strange feeling is crawling up my legs – as if someone – something was waiting for me all these days. Something that has compelled me to write this post right before I turn-off the generator.

I pushed the door open, my fingers were trembling. My breathing had become so heavier that I was trying to suppress small whimpers escaping my throat. I tried to stop myself but my mind – or was it my body? – refused to obey. The door swung open and it was the door that led to the black, ominous tunnel. I stepped over the threshold and my eyes got accustomed to the darkness. Then I heard a breathing sound. A breathing that wasn’t mine. Perhaps it was the memory of having done nothing for so many years or was it just a false alarm? I have been in the dark too long – and in creepy surroundings. There’s someone, something in that darkness. I can feel its evil presence. It emanates from the darkness and flows down the hallway in a vaporous cloud.

The end has become clichéd. But who am I to complain? A lone victim who is up against an empire of his own evil? Soon everything will become subjective. This is just a personal apocalypse. Nothing is clichéd when it’s happening to you. Life was good. Everything was perfect. But dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when we are not looking.


A movement, a shape began to descend from the dark tunnel. I tried to turn back but my limbs were locked and rigid, paralyzed by a fear. A fear that was long gone. The curse took a shape and emerged from the darkness of the hallway. The smell of decay pervaded the air, assailing my nostrils, almost causing me to vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment