Monday, July 8, 2013

Yes Facebook, I've Dumped You!

Yes Facebook. It's over. I've dumped you. No, no please, don't. Just don't try to explain anything. I don't want to see your trembling lips and all those mails saying how much you're going to miss me, and my friends will miss me, and how even God will get angry of me for dumping you.
Don't try to convince me that I will miss you. Yes, that worked last time, but after 3 months, I'm sure I took the right decision and I mean it this time. We're over. And let me tell you something, it's you who made it bitter.

When I first saw you in 2010, you were cool. I liked the way everything happened between us. To put it correctly, you looked good when you were just starting out on campus. God, I can't believe I used to spend so much time with you. You were attractive and spending time with you was fun. But what happened to the Fun?

I don't exactly remember when was the first time I had this doubt about you. This nagging doubt that things were not working well between us. That I'm wasting my time with you. Everyone was talking about you, everyone wanted to be with you. And a campus kid became popular. Let me put it straight, Facebook. I liked your simplicity and I had complete faith in you. I believed that you will respect my privacy.

No! Just shut up and stop this begging and pleading.

And stop mailing me.

You enjoyed being loved by others, you loved being popular. But with every passing second you were slowly becoming boring and nagging. I hate being controlled. I hate and then ignore people who try to control my life. You were changing the whole set-up of my life. I wanted my own time but whenever I was with friends, you would appear. Whenever I was alone, you would come. Whenever I was enjoying my favorite dishes, you asked me to share images with you. I was sick and tired of sharing my life with a retard who has no respect for my privacy.

Was it really important for you to follow me everywhere I go? And then telling my friends what I was doing? You know there's a definition for that in dictionaries? Stalking!

I hated when you went on forcing me to be friends with Nagrajan Muthuswami. We didn't know each other, we shared no hobbies, but Facebook you forced me for days to be friends with that unknown guy. And you continued this thing for years. I didn't know any of these people, they were not my friends, they are yours.

For God's sake, stop sending me those mails!

I don't care how much Sreeparna will miss me. What I really care is Facebook, that you are everywhere. No matter what I buy, where I eat, what I wear, there you are standing right there to attract my attention. Like a stalker.

I don't want to see my friend's cat. I don't want to share my food pictures. Inviting friends for a real-life treat is a much more interesting thing to me. So what if one of my friends is going to watch a new movie? Why do you keep telling me that? I really don't want you to keep reminding me my friends' birthdays. I remember the special ones. And those I don't, I don't because I don't want to wish them. You can keep all my friends, all 167 of them.


But one thing is for sure, we are never, ever, ever, ever getting back together.


12 comments:

  1. This one's a classic. A masterstroke for all the Facebook addicts. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't want to harm what others believe about Facebook. This is just my story, glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent! First time ever I'm seeing a person who has the courage to stand up against Facebook and can actually live a life without it. You're a hero mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunil. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog buddy. I'm not against Facebook, but too much of anything is bad. Thanks again for your kind words! Cheers!

      Delete
  3. I will come back to this post after 6 more months to ask if you're still living a life without Facebook. I never read such an interesting breakup letter.... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! I accept your challenge, Nandini. If you remember this post after 6 more months, I'll be honored. :) Breakups are always interesting. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hello Ajesh, nice to meet you :) You are a talented writer, very funny, honest, current and fresh. I love your style! (Thanks for stopping by my blog: Tales From My Garden)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, Rosemary. :) And a big thanks for your kind words! I just type what my heart asks me to do, glad you liked this post. I enjoyed reading your blog and loved your writing style.

      I will keep visiting your blog for more.

      Delete
  5. This from a social media professional is a little weird. However, it's your opinion. :) Nicely put though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, buddy. I'm in love with marketing. Whatever the medium is. I like creating ad copies and connecting emotionally with my customers. Facebook was valuable to me at a time, but not any more. Thanks for appreciating the post! :)

      Delete
  6. Sorry buddy this is too close to this post. Some acknowledgement is due. http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/stop-stalking-me-facebook-its-over-and-you-can-keep-my-3448-friends-20130706-2pivh.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy FBI. Please show "some courage" to post comments with your name and not anonymously. I could have deleted your comment easily. But here's 2 simple tools that will help you understand the difference between "plagiarism" and "stealing ideas".

      http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/
      http://www.copyscape.com/online-plagiarism/

      I guess 2 plagiarism checker will be enough to convince you. Keep coming back, I like sceptics. :)

      Delete